Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The first three weeks



These are a few of the most important things I've needed for survival the first few weeks with my Wy man.

1. SwaddleMe wraps- these are amazing and make swaddling so much easier in the middle of the night when you are exhausted beyond belief than trying to swaddle with a blanket.  I wish I would have registered for more of these guys.

2. Medela Tender Care Lanolin- Ouch. BF can be pretty painful, but this helps.  A TON. I've also heard the Soothies Gel Pads are great, and I'm definitely going to give those a try sometime this week.

3. Burt's Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash- Love this! My sister told me about this, and although it's a bit more pricey than J&J, it has the best smell in the world and lasts a long time.

4. Avent Soothies Pacifier- So far these have worked the best for us- it's what they used in the hospital too, so it's what little man is used to.

5. Baby Bjorn- thank goodness for this- Wyatt loves it, and Iget my arms and hands back.  I'm hoping he doesn't become completely dependent on it, but from what I've read its great for babies, developmentally to be carried this way when so little.

6. Dundee Mills Burp Cloths- These are such a must have.  We have them all around the house.  They are multi-purpose for spit up, over the shoulder for burping, propping baby's head while nursing, and even as a comfort blanket.

7. Minky Fabric Boppy cover by Little Owl's Nest on Etsy.  I don't understand why Boppy doesn't make and sell these, because they make the changing pad covers in the same fabric. Thankfully I've found this etsy shop that makes and sells them in every single color imaginable.  I have 2 of these, and they are the most comfortable fabric out there. I use it on the boppy for nursing, and Wyatt loves sitting in this anytime of the day.  It's also great for tummy time! This etsy seller also makes changing pad covers in the same fabric with huge variety of colors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment